Please note: Confidential matters should be discussed by phone or person-to-person.
Please do not share confidential information in emails.
Staff of First United Methodist Church — 662-4536 firstname.lastname@example.org
(Read our Staff Covenant ) (Read some Staff Biographies) (Administrative Committees)
- J. Douglas Paterson, Pastor, ext. 19 - email@example.com
- Nancy S. Lynn, Pastor, ext. 15 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert H. Roth, Pastor and Chaplain of the Wesley Foundation, ext. 16 - email@example.com
- Beth Pascoe, Director of Children's Ministries, ext. 17 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Nelson, Associate Director of Children's Ministries, ext. 17 - email@example.com
- Melanie Snook, Director of Youth Ministries, ext. 20 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy Everett, Associate Director of Youth Ministries, ext. 12 - email@example.com
- Debbie Houghton, Director of Adult Education - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Marie Koukios, Minister of Music and Liturgical Arts Ministries, ext. 25 - email@example.com
Music & Liturgical Arts
- Naki Sung Kripfgans, Organist - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carole DeHart, Director of Children’s Choirs email@example.com
- Marty Javornisky, Business Manager, ext. 14 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adele Roy, Administrative Assistant, ext. 11 - email@example.com
Weddings - Event Bookings
- Tina Alee, Administrative Secretary, ext. 10 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Danforth, Maintenance Supervisor, ext. 18 - email@example.com
FUMC Green Wood — 665-8558
FUMC Cooperative Nursery School — 662-7660
Wesley Foundation — 668-6881
First United Methodist Church Administrative Committees
Leadership Council - Moni Dressler, chair
Annually, the church invites all members to the Church Conference in order to vote on important matters of administration and ministry. This annual Church Conference represents the highest level of temporal authority within the local church. In order to provide oversight and leadership throughout the year, the Leadership Council serves as our Church Conference’s executive agency, monitoring ministry progress and voting on important matters. The Council’s primary duties include setting strategic direction for the church, overseeing the church’s governance and administration, and ensuring that FUMC's ministries are accomplishing the church’s purpose, vision and plans. Meetings are generally held on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm.
Committee on Lay Leadership (Nominations)
The Committee on Lay Leadership (CLL) oversees the identification and development of volunteer leadership at FUMC. The Committee supports the care for the volunteers at FUMC by inviting, connecting, equipping and sustaining volunteers for Christian service. It's main emphasis is to guide the nomination process for church leadership.
Finance Committee - Christopher Fendley, chair
The Finance Committee develops and administers a coordinated plan of fiscal and administrative policies and procedures for the church. It oversees the financial health, the annual audit, provides financial direction; and communicates the church’s financial condition to the Leadership Council. Meetings are generally held on the third Monday of each month at 7:00 pm.
Staff Parish Committee - Christine Kleinheksel, chair
The Staff Parish Committee acts as a liaison between staff, clergy and the congregation. The committee reflects on staffing needs in order for FUMC to fulfill its mission and on the role and work of our pastors and staff as they carry out their responsibilities. This committee also works to ensure that FUMC is a fulfilling place to work. Meetings are usually held on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Committee members cannot be related to any FUMC staff personnel.
Board of Trustees - Bob Simmons, chair
This Board is charged with the care and maintenance of church property- real, personal and intellectual. It holds title to property, buildings and equipment. It is also responsible for managing and receiving property for the church. Meetings are held on the second Monday of each month. Trustees must be at least eighteen years of age. Major items include building repair/renovation, space planning, disaster planning, traffic management, and security. Meetings are usually held on the third Mondays of each month at 7:00 PM
Learn more about leadership at FUMC and nominate yourself or someone else to serve.
The full-time staff at First Church created the following covenant to establish our expectations of ourselves and one another as we work together to serve the church.
First United Methodist Church of Ann Arbor is a safe place where love, compassion, empathy, creativity, and respect are embodied to nurture our relational ministry with one another, the congregation and the community for the transformation of the world, to the glory of God.
As children of God, we covenant to do the following:
• Participate as a responsible part of the team
• Celebrate the diversity of our ideologies and individual faith histories
• Seek opportunities to discover, explore, and employ our God-given gifts and those of others
• Reflect God’s love, grace, truth, and respect in our interactions
• Speak well of each other and those we serve
• Accentuate each other’s strengths; minimize each other’s weaknesses
• Forgive one another and ourselves when we fall short
• Address conflict directly, without triangulation
• Fellowship, worship, and pray together and for one another
Adopted February 7, 2007/Revised June 4, 2012