FUMC’s Alpha House Host Week is coming up Nov. 1-7. Alpha House is continuing Covid protocols, although volunteers are now allowed inside the building, if they are comfortable doing so. Masks must still be worn, and staff sanitizes the public areas multiple times daily.
What we need to provide for our Host Week includes:
- Pantry supplies — we have a long list of items Alpha House has requested. Since collecting items at Connections is still not possible, supplies will be ordered, and we will need to deliver them to Alpha House. If you would like to help with the cost of supplies, please use the PushPay kiosk and select “Alpha House” from the drop down menu. This money will be used to purchase the many supplies needed for our Host Week.
- Meals — It’s safe to estimate that we will be serving 17-20 people during our week. Currently one mom is sensitive to tomatoes. I’ll be sure to update meal providers with any changes before our meal dates.
- Meal providers to prepare meals at home to be delivered to Alpha House by themselves or other volunteers. We need to provide dinners Monday through Friday and Sunday. Dinner is at 6 p.m., so meals would need to be delivered by 5:30 p.m. We also need to provide breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Breakfast is served at 9:30 a.m. Alpha House has a contactless delivery system in place to accept meals.
- Some volunteers in the past few months have gone into Alpha House to cook and serve meals. If your family is interested in this, please contact Beth Lipton at 734-665-9033 for more information. Order a meal from a local restaurant to be delivered directly to Alpha House by the restaurant.
- Kids’ Activity Time: Times would begin between 6:45 and 7 p.m. and last for an hour–likely between 1-5 kids.
Our church has been an amazing supporter of Alpha House. Your contributions have always been a blessing and a wonderful ministry for the church. They are even more needed and appreciated during this very difficult time for us all, especially by these most vulnerable of our neighbors. If anyone has any additional comments or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact me by email or phone.
Beth Lipton, A2 FUMC IHN Coordinator