The full-time staff at First Church created the following covenant to establish our expectations of ourselves and one another as we work together to serve the church.
First United Methodist Church of Ann Arbor is a safe place where love, compassion, empathy, creativity, and respect are embodied to nurture our relational ministry with one another, the congregation and the community for the transformation of the world, to the glory of God.
As children of God, we covenant to do the following:
• Participate as a responsible part of the team
• Celebrate the diversity of our gifts, ideologies, and individual faith histories
• Seek opportunities to discover, explore, and employ our God-given gifts and those of others
• Reflect God’s love, grace, truth, and respect in our interactions
• Speak well of each other and those we serve
• Accentuate each other’s strengths; minimize each other’s weaknesses
• Forgive one another and ourselves when we fall short
• Address conflict directly, without triangulation
• Fellowship, worship, and pray together and for one another
Adopted February 7, 2007/Revised November 11, 2015