Join us as a walker and/or a supporter in raising funds to decrease hunger locally through the work of nine local nonprofits, including our own LOVE Thy Neighbor program, and Church World Service’s work globally.
Walk options (important update for Oct. 2)
Two family-friendly FUMC CROP walks are available Sunday, Oct. 2. Location change due to the Ann Arbor Marathon. New Location: Lillie Park South. Meet at playground near the parking lot. South Entrance off of Platt Rd.
- 8-9:30 a.m. for early risers, done in time for 10 a.m. worship
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. FUMC Family CROP Walk
The Ann Arbor CROP Hunger Walk – Sunday, Oct. 9, this is a community walk which is hybrid – virtual or in-person. Your choices:
- Walk wherever you are comfortable on Oct. 9 or any other day in October.
- Participate in the in-person community walk which begins/ends at Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 West Liberty, Ann Arbor, 48103. You can choose a 2 or 4-mile route. Registration begins at 1 p.m. with an outdoor send-off at 2 p.m.
Whatever way you participate, you can raise funds by signing up online as an individual with our church’s walking team or contact our church’s recruiters for an envelope to collect donations. FUMC Youth will be fundraising for CROP and their Oct. 9 evening program is dedicated to exploring hunger and food insecurity.
How you can participate:
- Register here as an individual walker with our church team.
- Donate to the FUMC youth or individuals walking on the FUMC team page.
- To donate to an individual, click on their name to go to their page, then click donate.
- To donate to the entire FUMC team, on the team page use the orange “Make a Donation” button on the right.
Donate to the CROP Walk through our church:
- Make checks to FUMC and put “CROP Walk” in the memo and turn in to the church office.
- Using FUMC online giving, sign in if you have an account or you can choose “Give as Guest.” On the page where you input the amount of your gift you can designate your gift by choosing “CROP WALK” from a black box with a drop-down menu that lists various church funds to give to.
25% of funds raised will support the hunger relief efforts of these local programs: Hope Clinic, Growing Hope, Packard Health, The Breakfast at St. Andrew’s, Peace Neighborhood Center, Community Action Network (CAN), LOVE Thy Neighbor, SOS Community Services and FedUp Ministries. The remainder will support Church World Service’s hunger relief work worldwide.
Thank you for considering how you can help more people get the food they need to lead healthy lives!