The Sol Café: Light for Teen Souls
Sunday mornings, 9:20–10:30 am
Join us in Calkins Hall (top floor, southeast corner, downtown) for refreshments and fellowship with friends.
9:15 am (ish) Refreshments available (sign up to host refreshments here)
9:30 Announcements, singing, and prayer
9:45 (ish) Break into classes
10:30 Classes conclude
Class Offerings Winter 2020:
- 7th & 8th Grades: Explorers, based on re:Form Sparkhouse curriculum
- 9th – 12th Grades: Power of Parables
Family Worship – First Sundays
We encourage family worship on the first Sunday of the month; youth may sit with their families or other youth. Youth may participate in worship leadership by reading scripture and serving communion.
We meet most Sundays during the school year except the first Sunday of the month, which is Family Worship Sunday. Youth sit with their family or with other youth and experience communion.
- March 1: Family Worship (no classes)
- March 8: SoulFull Retreat (no classes)
- March 15: Classes continue
- March 22: Classes continue
- March 29: Spring Break (Ann Arbor Public Schools) begins, no classes. We are visiting Chelsea Retirement Center in the afternoon.
- April 5: Classes continue (Mission Prep classes begin for high schoolers going to ASP)
- April 12: Easter (no classes)
- April 19: Youth Worship (no classes)
- April 26: Classes continue
Current Class Offerings
- 7th & 8th Graders: Explorers, based on the re:form curriculum by SparkHouse. This class is a key component in preparing students to be confirmed. Together we explore issues of faith such as Who wrote the Bible? Can it be proven that God exists? What if my friends aren’t Christians? (September through May)
- 9th-12th Graders: Our high schoolers experience a variety of classes during the year using curriculum such as Animate, Echo the Story, Teaching Tolerance, Ancestors, etc. In the late spring the classes prepare the youth for their summer mission trip.
Hosting Sol Cafe