The Sol Café: Light for Teen Souls
Sunday mornings, 9:20–10:30 am
Join us in Calkins Hall (top floor, southeast corner, downtown) for refreshments and fellowship with friends.
9:15 am (ish) Refreshments available (sign up to host refreshments here)
9:30 Announcements, singing, and prayer
9:45 (ish) Break into classes
10:30 Classes conclude
Sometimes we offer two options for high schoolers organized with 9th-10th graders and 11th-12th graders meeting in separate classes, and sometimes we offer two classes allowing youth to make their own choice.
Family Worship – First Sundays
We encourage family worship on the first Sunday of the month; youth may sit with their families or other youth. Youth may participate in worship leadership by reading scripture and serving communion.
We meet every Sunday during the school year except the first Sunday of the month, which is Family Worship Sunday. Youth sit with their family or with other youth and experience communion.
- September 8: All youth go to the sanctuary for the beginning of worship. 7th & 8th graders receive gift Bibles. High school students help set up Fall Festival. (Depart from sanctuary when invited to do so.)
- September 15: Regular class offerings resume
- September 22: Classes continue
- September 29: Classes continue
- October 6: Family worship (no classes)
- October 13: Classes continue
- October 20: Classes continue
- October 27: Fall Retreat (we may offer one class for all youth grades 7-12)
- November 3: Family worship (no classes)
Current Class Offerings
- 7th & 8th Graders: Explorers, based on the re:form curriculum by SparkHouse. This class is a key component in preparing students to be confirmed. Together we explore issues of faith such as Who wrote the Bible? Can it be proven that God exists? What if my friends aren’t Christians? (September through May)
- 9th-12th Graders: Our high schoolers experience a variety of classes during the year using curriculum such as Animate, Echo the Story, Teaching Tolerance, Ancestors, etc. In the late spring the classes prepare the youth for their summer mission trip.
Hosting Sol Cafe