- This event has passed.
47th Annual Ann Arbor CROP Hunger Walk
October 10 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Sunday, Oct. 10
Join us in raising funds to support efforts to decrease hunger. 25% of the funds will support the work of seven local programs, including our own LOVE Thy Neighbor program. The remainder will support Church World Service’s global hunger relief efforts. Walkers and supporters are needed and appreciated! FUMC will concentrate on doing the walk virtually and fundraising online again this year. Walkers may walk where, when and as far as they wish. The youth will hold their CROP Walk participation on Oct. 10 this year, so look for them on the church’s walk team webpage if you’d like to support their walking.
How you can participate:
- Go to FUMC’s Walk Team webpage to:
- Register as an individual walker with our church team.
- Donate to the CROP Walk on behalf of individual walkers, youth participants or the entire FUMC walk team. Scroll down the webpage to find those who have signed up to walk and fundraise and then click on their name to donate on behalf of them.
- Donate to the CROP Walk through our church – make checks to FUMC and put “CROP Walk” in the memo and turn in to church office, or donate online here. For Fund choose “Other” and then put “CROP Walk” in the memo.
- Contact our church’s CROP Walk recruiters: Spring Jackson or Lynn Palacios.
- A CROP Walk opportunity Especially for Families
- Sunday, Oct. 10, at Saginaw Forest (1.7 Mile Loop), 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Meet/park: SE back corner of the 242 Community Church parking lot off of Wagner Rd. just north of Liberty at 8:30 a.m. The church and U-M have an agreement for public access at this location. Find more info about Saginaw Forest here.
- Why come? – Outdoors, exercise, families walking together to raise funds to do good in the world!
The need for people to receive food and health services is increasing during this pandemic. Thank you for making a difference through your CROP Walk donation.