Facilities Strategic Planning Project
On May 7, 2023 the membership voted to support the Leadership Council’s motion authorizing the Board of Trustees to sell property at 1001 Green Rd. The motion passed with a vote of 187 yes, 26 no, and 7 abstentions.
The sale of property will not happen for at least a year, which will allow “time for discernment that would include regular Green Wood worshipers, and to decide a plan to sustain and grow a non-traditional worship.” We acknowledge this decision will be painful for some, particularly regular Green Wood attendees. As we move forward with dreaming and planning for the future of FUMC, we will also be supporting our friends and members who call Green Wood their church home, hoping and praying we can create a welcoming and fulfilling space to meet the diverse worship experiences we have grown to appreciate at FUMC.
Facilities Strategic Planning Project Related Documents
- Final Recommended Path Forward
- Examples of churches using facilities in new ways
- April 15 meeting agenda
- Overview of February all-church meetings
- Agenda for the February meetings
- FAQ document to address key questions posed at the January all-church meetings
- Summary of the feedback collected at the January all-church meetings
- Project overview
- Summary of key themes surfaced in early conversations with church stakeholders
- Jan. 21 meeting agenda