Fly Girlz 2022
Why: Connect, restore, play, laugh, pray, enjoy being with other FUMC women and friends
When : Saturday, Oct 1, 2022 (bad weather alternative date will be Oct 15)
Where: Hudson Mills (River Grove shelter) and downtown Dexter
Please RSVP here – It will be helpful to have an idea of who is coming by – even if you are a “maybe”.
9:00 – 9:45 Yoga
9:30 – 10:00 Soft start/arrival of others who aren’t doing yoga
10:00 – 10:30 Group gathering with a purpose – welcome, fun/funny friendship games
10:30 – 11:00 Group playtime (9 Square – another fun group game!)
11:00 – 12:00 Scavenger hunt in small groups
12:00 – 12:45 Lunch – BYO
12:45 -2:15 Choice time
- Bike – BYO or rentals available at Activity Center for $15/two hours
- Hike woodsy nature trails (2 miles)
- Walk or rollerblade paved path (3 miles)
- Sit by water
2:15 – 2:45 Closing worship, prayer, song
2:45 Clean up
3:00 – ? Afternoon add-on – BYO Bike
Bike (4.5 miles one way) to downtown Dexter
Options: The Grotto, Dairy Queen, Dexter Creamery, Erratic Ale
What to bring?
- lunch, water bottle
- chair/blanket/yoga mat/towels for under yoga mat
- comfortable walking/athletic shoes
- Metropark Pass needed – $10/daily, $40/yearly ($29 if you are 62+ !!) – purchase online or in person at the booth. We have two of these available for anyone who would like to use one for the day.
- Bike rental – $15/two hours at the Activity Center
- Lunch (BYO)
- Lots of good snacks will be available throughout the day – would love to have several women bring something to share
- With a few donations of snacks and for the shelter rental, we are hoping to keep the cost for each participant at $0!