Meetings and other events may be booked at either our downtown or Green Wood location through Adele Roy in the church office (734-662-4536). All event requests are reviewed by clergy and staff members on a weekly basis.
Our downtown location, at 120 S. State Street is handicap accessible.
Our Green Wood location, at 1001 Green Road near North Campus, is a contemporary church in a wooded location. It features a smaller sanctuary, which holds approximately 75 people seated. Green Wood is not handicap-accessible.
Rental Guidelines (updated February 2018)
Rentals must be scheduled and approved at least three weeks in advance.
Contact Adele Roy at (734) 662-4536 during regular business hours (M-F 8am-4:30pm) to begin the process.
– Fees below apply to meetings on weekdays between 8:00am and 9:00pm, and Saturdays between 8:00am and 12:00pm. (Meetings outside this timeframe would incur additional staff charges.)
– All fees mentioned below include custodial services
– All fees are due at least 10 business days prior to the event planned
– Payments made via credit card will be charged an additional 3% to cover processing fees
– Recording and sound equipment are not included
– Internet access downtown and at Green Wood is unreliable – plan to bring your own mobile hotspot if internet access is required
– Storage of equipment on site is unavailable
– Parking is limited downtown; guests should be advised to be prepared to park offsite
– All evening events must be scheduled so that the last person is out by 9pm
– We cannot rent to the public for parties, showers, etc.
Downtown Sanctuary Rentals (seats 650) – $450
The Sanctuary is unavailable Thursday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays. Receptions after recitals and concerts are not permitted. A single 5 hour block is allowed for setup, event, interaction with guests, and tear-down. Use of sound system in downtown sanctuary requires our sound technician. The sound technician fee is $75 for up to 3 hours ($30/hour after 3 hours). Guests may not use the sound board or associated equipment.
Other Downtown Space Rentals (Chapel, Calkins, Social Hall, Asbury, Aldersgate, etc.)
Rental for meetings of 1-25 people – $25 for up to 2 hours; $50 for 2-4 hours
Rental for meetings of 26-75 people – $50 for up to 2 hours; $75 for 2-4 hours
Rental for meetings of 76-100 people – $100 for any fraction of 4 hours
Rental for meetings of 101+ people – $200 for any fraction of 4 hours
Fee would double for an event longer than 4 hours. A single room is allowed for event; fee is doubled for use of an additional room. Use of kitchen is additional $50. (Wesley Lounge and Pine Room are booked/billed through the Wesley office, 734 668-6881).
Green Wood Sanctuary Rentals (seats 85) – $350
Green Wood is unavailable Thursday evenings, most Fridays, and Saturdays. A single 5 hour block is allowed for setup, event, reception, and tear-down. Use of sound equipment at Green Wood is subject to the availability of church representatives to run it and their fees, which vary. Guests may not use the sound board or associated equipment.
Once your event is scheduled we will need instruction on how to prepare the room(s). Please print and fill out a Room Setup Sheet (sometimes referred to as a “Green Sheet”) for EACH ROOM and turn it in to the church office at least five days prior to your event.