“Love each other as I have loved you”
We are so grateful to all of you who have continued giving to FUMC through this tumultuous time. Your generosity makes it possible for us to adapt quickly and to respond faithfully to all the challenges this year has brought.
This year, we have learned what it means to build a bigger table – to reach outside of the walls of the church and expand our ministries in ways we never would have before. Now, it’s time to think toward the future. How can we continue to reach more people in new ways with the love of God?
As we kick off this year’s annual giving campaign, we invite you to prayerfully consider how you will support FUMC as we move into that future. Your pledge enables us to plan and to dream – to consider how we will be the church when we re-enter our buildings as well as online.
Now more than ever, the world needs what we as Christ-followers have to give – love, hope, peace, justice, food, shelter, healing and so much more! Please help us in building a bigger table!
View the instructions for pledging online.
Your contributions to our 2021 operating budget enables us to:
- Provide meaningful and creative worship experiences, even when the church building is closed.
- Support and encourage youth to explore their faith, grow as individuals and be in service to others.
- Offer relevant and impactful adult education opportunities.
- Serve as a vital resource to families, individuals and the community through meetings, happiness hours, classes, outreach, service and communications.
- Continue paying off the mortgage on our beautiful downtown facility where we will be so excited to gather once again!
- Fund our amazing music program, which continues to provide beautiful music even remotely.
- Engage with and lift up members who are facing loss of a loved one, health challenges, economic uncertainty, anxiety and other concerns.
- Create a community of support, care, love and respect for all people.
- Ensure our facilities are propeårly maintained and cared for.
- Continue operating, whether in a pandemic or in more familiar times of busy church life.
Why We Give
“There are so many needs in the world…food insecurity, racial inequality, lack of shelter, human rights violations. How do we decide who needs our contribution the most? FUMC allows us to give to a trusted institution, an organization which addresses all those needs and more. It’s like one-stop shopping for the soul.”
– Nancy Quay and Sherry Marcy
“I give because I love my church home which includes our wonderful community – all those connected to our ministries – clergy, staff and the beautiful buildings. I want to contribute to the goodness and love fostered here. It’s as simple as that.”
– Elaine Shaw
“The reason we give is that FUMC is a strong force for good in our community. We enjoy the community we feel being a part of the church and the opportunity to share God’s love in our community with anyone in need.”
– Jeff Mortimer