First United Methodist Church Fall Relaunch
Our Sunday morning worship service will now be held indoors at 10:30 a.m. Sundays effective Sept. 12. This new worship time will be a trial through the end of the year. We will be gathering feedback.
Green Wood Service
Our Green Wood service will continue to meet outdoors, while the weather permits, on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Wednesday evening Vesper services will resume online beginning Sept. 15th.
“Growing God’s Kin-dom Community”
Our overall theme for this fall and winter will be “Growing God’s Kin-dom Community.” The first four-part sermon series will be “Reimaging Church: Growing a Kin-dom Community” starting Sept. 11-12. Learn more about our upcoming sermon series here.
COVID Guidelines for All Indoor Worship
- Masks are mandatory regardless of vaccination status.
- Please maintain social distancing (4-6 feet) between household groups or established “pods”. Downtown: pew ropes have been installed that block every other pew from use.
- Bulletins are self-serve and available at entrances to the sanctuary.
- Offerings may be left in the baskets near the sanctuary doors. Electronic giving can be done using the QR code indicated on the bulletin or here.
- There is no congregational singing at this time. Music will be provided by a soloist or small vocal ensemble who are masked.
- You may register your attendance online here, use the QR code on the bulletin, or fill out the back of the bulletin and leave it in the baskets on exiting the sanctuary.
- Downtown: Holy Communion in the sanctuary, the congregation will come to the front by the side aisles and return single-file to their pew via the main aisle. Partake of the elements after returning to your seat. Keep in mind your social distancing and look for suggestions on the floor. Please place the empty containers in the waste baskets as you exit the sanctuary. We will continue to use the pre-packaged communion elements.
- Downtown: Connections (fellowship hour) will resume at a later date when it is safe to do so.
- If you are ill, please take care of yourself at home. We look forward to seeing you again at church when you are healthy.
Adult Faith Formation
Our Sunday morning classes have a new start of 9 a.m. beginning Sept. 12. Take a look at our September Adult Faith Formation classes here.
Fall Youth Group
- We are experimenting with a new format that digs into the scripture and sermon of the day.
- Continues on Sunday mornings, not on the 1st Sunday of the month.
- Refreshments will be offered.
- Windows will be opened and masks will be required indoors.
- Join us for Color Bash – It’s Gonna Get Messy!
- We will be having games and a welcome to the new year.
- Youth should wear something that can get messed up. Light color clothes recommended for maximum colorful effect!
Sunday, Sept. 19, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Kids (ages birth – 6th grade) and their parents
- Location: Meet outside, under the tent at church
- Why come? Get back to church, feel safe and cared for, small group connections, fun on the lawn with friends