First United Methodist Church Fall Relaunch
COVID Guidelines for All Indoor Worship
- Masks are mandatory regardless of vaccination status.
- Please maintain social distancing (4-6 feet) between household groups or established “pods”. Downtown: pew ropes have been installed that block every other pew from use.
- Bulletins are self-serve and available at entrances to the sanctuary.
- Offerings may be left in the baskets near the sanctuary doors. Electronic giving can be done using the QR code indicated on the bulletin or here.
- You may register your attendance online here, use the QR code on the bulletin, or fill out an index card available at the self serve station. Leave index cards in the baskets when existing the sanctuary.
- Downtown: Holy Communion in the sanctuary, the congregation will come to the front by the side aisles and return single-file to their pew via the main aisle. Partake of the elements after returning to your seat. Keep in mind your social distancing. Please place the empty containers in the waste baskets as you exit the sanctuary. We will continue to use the pre-packaged communion elements.
- Downtown: Connections (fellowship hour) will resume at a later date when it is safe to do so.
- If you are ill, please take care of yourself at home. We look forward to seeing you again at church when you are healthy.
Our Sunday morning worship service will now be held indoors at 10:30 a.m. This new worship time will be a trial through the end of the year. We will be gathering feedback.
Green Wood Service
Our Green Wood service will meet indoors on Saturdays at 5 p.m. The service may occasionally be held outdoors if the weather permits.
Wednesday evening Vesper services will resume online.
“Growing God’s Kin-dom Community”
Our overall theme for this fall and winter will be “Growing God’s Kin-dom Community.” Learn more about our current and upcoming worship series here.
Adult Faith Formation
Our Sunday morning classes have a new start of 9 a.m. Take a look at our Adult Faith Formation offerings here.
Fall Youth Group
For students grades 7-12.
Sundays, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Calkins, FUMC downtown, top floor
- We are experimenting with a new format that digs into the scripture and sermon of the day.
- Continues on Sunday mornings, not on the 1st Sunday of the month.
- Windows will be opened and masks will be required indoors.
Sundays, 6-7:15 p.m., Wesley Lawn, FUMC downtown
- Students are welcome to come to the church lawn to meet up with church buddies and favorite counselors for games and small groups.
View all upcoming Children’s Ministry events here.