Our downtown and Green Wood sanctuaries are available to university music students and studio teachers for recitals. Recital rentals must be scheduled and approved at least three weeks in advance. Contact Tina Alee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-662-4536 to book.
At our downtown location a 42-rank Reuter organ or Yamaha grand piano may be made available with the pre-approval of our organist, Dr. Naki Sung Kripfgans. At our Green Wood location a Kimball grand piano is available. Other musical equipment at Green Wood is the property of the Green Wood band and is not available for use.
Downtown Sanctuary Rentals (seats 650)
The Sanctuary is unavailable Thursday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays. Receptions after recitals and concerts are not permitted. Use of sound system in downtown sanctuary requires our sound technician. The sound technician fee is $75 for up to 3 hours ($30/hour after 3 hours).
- Student (high school or university) solo or chamber recital – $450
- A 3.5 hour block is allowed for setup, recital, interaction with guests and tear-down An additional 1.5 hour block may be used for rehearsal as available on the church calendar for an additional $75.
- Community teacher studio recital – $310
- A 3.5 hour block is allowed for setup, recital, interaction with guests and tear-down.
- Public concert or other performance – $600
- A single 5 hour block is allowed for setup, rehearsal, event, interaction with guests and tear-down.
Green Wood Sanctuary Rentals (seats 85)
Green Wood is unavailable Thursday evenings, most Fridays and Saturdays. Use of sound equipment at Green Wood is subject to the availability of church representatives and their fees. Guests may not use the sound board or associated equipment.
- Student (high school or university) solo or chamber recital – $425
- A single 5 hour block is allowed for setup, rehearsal, recital, reception and tear-down.
- Community teacher studio recital – $285
- A single 3.5 hour block is allowed for setup, rehearsal, recital, reception and tear-down.
- Public concert or other performance – $550
- A single 5 hour block is allowed for setup, rehearsal, event, reception and tear-down.
Recital & Concert Rental Guidelines
- All fees mentioned include custodial services.
- All fees are due at least 10 business days prior to the event planned.
- Payments made via credit card will be charged an additional 3% to cover processing fees.
- Recording and sound equipment are not included.
- Internet access downtown and at Green Wood is unreliable – plan to bring your own mobile hotspot if internet access is required.
- There is no air-conditioning at Green Wood or downtown.
- Storage of equipment on site is unavailable.
- Parking is limited downtown; guests should be advised to be prepared to park offsite.
- All evening events must be scheduled so that the last person is out by 9 p.m.